- Assisted a Slovak producer of freight wagons in the merger filing procedure in Serbia
- Assisted a leading energy company in Central and Eastern Europe in the merger filing procedure in Serbia, Montenegro, and North Macedonia
- Assisted a Slovenian airline in a landmark State aid case under Serbian and EU law
- Assisted a leading wholesaler of pharmaceuticals in the merger filing procedure in Serbia, Montenegro, and North Macedonia
- Assisted a leading wholesaler of pharmaceuticals in antitrust proceedings in Serbia
Competition / antitrust law has come to the fore in the Balkans, as the Western Balkan countries prepare for EU membership. While the local competition rules are based on the EU model, the legislative and practical peculiarities on the ground make local expertise essential.
Doklestic Repic & Gajin competition team is well versed both in local competition rules and in the relevant EU acquis. Such expertise, combined with our lawyers’ practical experience, enables us to resolve any kind of matter you would have in the Balkans – be it a plain vanilla merger filing, a State aid complaint, or a complex antitrust investigation.
For more information about our competition practice, please click here.
Our competition team is headed by Dr. Dragan Gajin, a competition law expert and attorney admitted in Serbia and New York. Dr. Gajin regularly assists clients in antitrust, merger control, and State aid matters throughout Western Balkans. Chambers Europe and Legal 500 EMEA recognize him as a leading competition/antitrust practitioner.
Dr. Dragan Gajin’s Expertise
- Central European University, Budapest, Hungary: Doctor of Juridical Science (2011)
- Duke University School of law, Durham, NC, USA: Master of Laws (2008)
- University of Novi Sad, Faculty of Law, Novi Sad, Serbia: Bachelor of Laws (2006)
- New York (2010)
- Serbia (2012)
- ‘Serbia Gets New Law on State Aid Control’, 18(4) European State Aid Law Quarterly 575 (2019)
- ’What’s New in Western Balkans?’; 11(18) Yearbook of Antitrust and Regulatory Studies 285 (2018)
- International Encyclopedia for Competition Law – National Monograph for Serbia (co-author; Wolters Kluwer, 2017)
- ‘Administrative (Competition) Procedure and Judicial Review in Serbia’; Co-author, in: ‘The Procedural Aspects of the Application of Competition Law’, pp 156-176, Europa Law Publishing, Groningen (2016)
- ‘Vertical Restraints under Serbian Competition Law: A Comparison with EU Law’; Co-author, 33(8) European Competition Law Review 358 (2012)
- ‘Antitrust Aspects of Exclusive Distribution Agreements’ (doctoral thesis defended summa cum laude at Central European University) (2011)
- Serbian (native)
- English (full professional proficiency)
- Hungarian (limited professional proficiency)
- Russian (limited professional proficiency)
- Macedonian (limited professional proficiency)