- Assisted five Central European banks in the merger filing procedure in Serbia, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and North Macedonia
- Assisted a leading European oil and gas company in the merger filing procedure in Serbia, Montenegro, and Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Assisted a Slovak producer of freight wagons in the merger filing procedure in Serbia
- Assisted a leading energy company in Central and Eastern Europe in the merger filing procedure in Serbia, Montenegro, and North Macedonia
- Assisted a Slovenian airline in a landmark State aid case under Serbian and EU law
- Assisted a leading wholesaler of pharmaceuticals in the merger filing procedure in Serbia, Montenegro, and North Macedonia
- Assisted a leading wholesaler of pharmaceuticals in antitrust proceedings in Serbia
Competition/antitrust law is becoming increasingly important in the Western Balkans, as the region prepares for EU membership. In that regard, while the local competition rules are based on the EU model, legislative and practical peculiarities on the ground make local expertise essential.
Doklestic Repic & Gajin competition practice is one of the leading practices in Serbia and the region, recognized as such by Chambers Europe and Legal 500 EMEA. We are well versed both in local competition rules and in the relevant EU acquis. Such expertise, combined with our lawyers’ practical experience, equips us to resolve any kind of matter you would have in the Balkans – be it a plain vanilla merger filing, a delicate state aid complaint, or a complex antitrust investigation.
For more information about our competition practice, please click here.
Our competition team is led by Dr. Dragan Gajin, a competition law expert and attorney admitted in Serbia and New York. Dr. Gajin regularly assists clients in antitrust, merger control, and state aid matters throughout Western Balkans. Chambers Europe and Legal 500 EMEA recognize him as a leading competition/antitrust practitioner.